Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter festivities

We sure had a busy few days surrounding Easter! First up, on Saturday morning, we took the kids to the floral trade center in Carlsbad to get some blooms for our Easter table. Drew was having so much fun...I'm looking forward to the days we do flowers and weddings together!

Here we are planting jelly beans in the backyard for the Easter Bunny (thanks Pinterest for the great idea)!Our first time dying Easter eggs. Micah had so much fun....most of the eggs are green, which is his favorite color.
On Easter morning, we went to a sunrise service, bright and early at Ponto Beach. This is our 3rd year doing this...unfortunately I left my camera and phone in the car, so no picks. So bummed about that! We came home to see the jelly beans had grown into lollipops over night!

Next up were their Easter baskets. Aren't those bunnies adorable? Thanks to my good friend Amanda, she did these cuties just for Micah and Drew.

Drewey got a new "Yo", a.k.a. a cell phone (hello = yo). Micah got a Nerf gun with darts (what was I thinking?) and I couldn't get him to hold still for a picture the rest of the day....no joke.

Next up were the eggs hidden in their rooms. Three eggs each that they had to find. This was something my mom used to do for us.

Micah's first Cadburry egg. He didn't like it, so I volunteered to finish it for him. Yum.

A little game of peek-a-boo with the curtains!

Here is our dining table...all ready for guests! I wrote on the eggs that we dyed the day before with a Sharpie is the seating "cards".

Drewey was ready to go at the kids table.

I made popcorn with melted chocolate and sprinkles....thanks again Pinterest!

Took Drew a little bit of time to adjust to all the people in our house!

Here is the good stuff....dessert! I made (from scratch) the french silk pie and an apple pie cake, with homemade caramel and vanilla ice cream. Soooo yummy!

My parents surprised the kids with some presents. Micah got an airplane toy and Drew got Perchance, an owl BlaBla doll. Here she is taking him for a stroll in her stroller later that evening!We had such a wonderful Easter. I hope you had a great one too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...