Girl Pic

daisy dreaming....

Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Anthro inspired snowglobes

I'm a bit of a copy cat here. When I saw snowglobes at Anthro in October (see this posting for picture), I immediately thought "DIY"!!!! I studied them carefully for a minute and had a plan! They probably cost under $5 each to make. I headed straight to Michael's, and wah-lah! Take a look at our mantle and a DIY for you on how to make them yourself!

All you need is a 1) mason jar, 2) fake snow and/or glitter, and 3) a small decorative Christmas object like a tree, figuring, or ornament. You'll also need a glue gun and probably something to prop up some of the objects you use. Here's how to do it:

For this one, I was putting this tree in the xtra-large mason jar, so I needed to prop it up a bit. You could grab anything from around the house, but I had this wood spool lying around so it worked great. Just use your hot glue gun to secure it.

It really is that easy! If you happen to make these, please email me or comment, I'd love to see your creations!

2 comments:

Lindsey Wright said...

I would LOVE to make these. Where did you buy your trees and the fake snow? I don't even know where to look for the snow. Craft stores?

Saira Naomi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...